I’ve decided to join up on Elisa Pulliums challenge to document God moments in 2014. Unfortunately, I have just found out about it so I’m a little late. The goal is to “capture a God-aware life…one moment at a time.”
What do I mean by God-aware?
It’s about living with a heightened awareness of God at work…every week.
It’s about seeing Him in the little things, the sometimes overlooked things.
It’s about slowing down and capturing a moment that God gave us.
Why? Because life is hard. It is laced with trials and suffering this side of heaven, making it all too easy to focus on the “not-yet” and “too much now” situations we all face. (Credit www.elisapullium.com)
Today she is posting 4 things about herself (for another link up) and I like that kind of challenge so I’m following her lead.
4 Things About Me
1. I was born in raised in MN and continue to live in MN (though I was born in the north and now live in the south).
2. I will celebrate 10 years of marriage this year. Despite the fact that I extremely dislike winter, we had a beautiful winter wedding.
3. I decided to be a chiropractor in 9th grade. I did not deviate from my major once.
4. Shawn and I always talked about wanting 4 children, just not quite so rapidly.
4 of My Endearing Quirks
1. I cannot quote a movie line correctly.
2. I like books. I “try” to read about 10 all at once, unsuccessfully because honestly who can manage all of that different information at once. Thus, I do not finish a lot of books.
3. Despite being a night owl, I love getting up at 5:30a with my husband to read our Bibles.
4. I can quirk both of my eyebrows individually. And I love to do it to kids randomly just to make them giggle.
4 Things About My Blog & Writing
1. I want to use my blog to inspire others to get debt free, stay out of debt, live a life for Christ, and to honor God.
2. I will be changing my blog name soon (but not the URL).
3. My husband encouraged me to start blogging again.
4. My mom tells me I should write full time and become a satirical writer. I think she’s a bit biased, since she’s my mother. However, it does make me dream a little bit.
4 Of My Favorite Things
1. This might be an assumption you are already making but I love my family. They are definitely one of my favorite things. In Dr. Suess’s book “The Grinch Stole Christmas” when the Grinch finally realizes that the true meaning of Christmas is love, his heart grows (I going from memory) 2 full sizes. That is how I feel every day with my family. My heart continues to grow in love for them and I fall more deeply in love. It’s a love that literally steals my breath.
2. Beth Moore’s Bible studies. I have done two with the ladies from my church and because I love them so much I have started one on the fruits of the spirit on my own.
3. Coffee with sugar, and lots of it. Nothing beats this on a cold day or in early morning. I’m currently working on my abundant waistline, and so I’ve had to put this on my reward list but I look forward to each and every one.
4. Watching old episodes of N.C.I.S. I have been less then impressed with the offerings on both cable and “regular” television channels. Too much violence, too much sex, and too much depravity. N.C.I.S has humor, intrigue and a good story line. We have been watching this on DVD instead of what is on cable. We love it so much we bought Seasons 5 & 6 yesterday (yes it’s in the budget!).My kids with their cousin, L. Be still my heart!
There you go, a little bit about me!!! If you enjoy this blog, consider subscribing or if you know of someone who might be encourage by my posts please share the link to it wight hem and your friends. Thanks!